The Cleveland Park Historical Society (CPHS) is seeking a historian to conduct research on the history of racial equity in the area comprising the Cleveland Park Historic District. Reporting to the CPHS Executive Director and working with CPHS Board members, the historian will research racial covenants or other express restrictions on eligibility for ownership or residence in Cleveland Park; the demographics of Cleveland Park since 1890; and the role of other societal or institutional factors in shaping those demographics. Hourly Rate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review existing research, oral histories, and interview key people to identify potential areas of research;
- Define and explore specific themes (to be agreed upon);
- Develop short narratives related to specific people and/or places;
- Develop a list of areas, topics, and sources for further research.
- Pursuing or completed a Masters Degree in History, Public History, or similar;
- Experience with statistical analysis is a plus;
- Brief writing sample requested.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com