Are you planning work on your home in the Cleveland Park Historic District this year? Remember, preserving the historic fabric and architectural character of our homes and streetscapes is something everyone in the historic district participates in as we care for our homes. Here are some resources to help you get started:
- Are you in the historic district? Click here for a map and more information.
- Looking for expert craftspeople who are experienced in working with old houses? The D.C. Preservation League maintains a list of preservation contractors and craftspeople. The Maryland National Capital Parks and Planning Commission has an extensive list of restoration artisans, contractors, consultants, and sources. The D.C. Historic Preservation Office also has a handout on windows that includes contact information for several local experts.
- The D.C. Historic Preservation Office (HPO) publishes design guidelines for properties in historic districts, which you can download from this page.
- The Cleveland Park specialists at HPO can give you specific advice about your project, recommend suitable replacement products, and even do a site visit to help you get a sense of appropriate treatments and design solutions for your property. Contact Amanda Molson by email or phone 202-442-8827).
- Does your project require design review? Read an overview of the requirements and process here.
- More questions? We’re here to help! Email Carin Ruff, CPHS Project Coordinator.